Five Things You May Not Know About The Barn at Cranberry Creek
Guess. What? We’re bringing the blog back! (Cue those deep-seated memories of the Backstreet Boys… or is that just us? No shame.)
Our goal for the blog is simple, we want to share what we know and start conversations with YOU! We’ve learned a thing or two about weddings, so why keep that good stuff to ourselves?
It’s been a minute since we’ve hung out. (2017 to be exact but who’s counting? Our apologies. We’ve been crazy busy.) So, before we start deep diving into all things wedding, we thought this would be a great time to share five tidbits you may not know about The Barn at Cranberry Creek. Just so you know how all of this began and such.
Let’s do this.
- Our history. It’s one thing that sets The Barn at Cranberry Creek apart. We’re fairly certain our great grandfather wasn’t thinking about weddings when he was farming this land 100+ years ago. Nor, was our grandfather after he returned from WWII and built the dairy. We’re certain our dad never dreamed of weddings on the farm. (Proof: his face when we told him we were going to renovate and start a wedding venue!) Careful attention was taken during our renovations to maintain the character and authenticity of our farm and barns. You’ll see glimpses of our history all around the venue. Believe it or not, we still have our grandpa’s 1956 Massey Ferguson tractor! You’ll spot it pulling our storage trailer on occasion. The barn where cows were milked, crops were tended, and hay was stored, is now a charmingly-restored ceremony and reception site. We’ve gone, quite literally, from cows to vows! See for yourself and check out this Gallery for some lovely photos of the venue.
- We’re a fifth-generation family-owned and operated business. We grew up working on the dairy farm, and long before we were making memories with our couples at The Barn at Cranberry Creek, we were making memories as a family. Our family personally works and staffs every wedding we host. We’re not just in and out, or a face you meet upon arrival. We’re hands-on from the day you book your wedding until the night we clean up after you’ve said, “I do.” We manage our venue and events, set-up, break-down, clean-up, check restrooms, take care of trash, mow the grass, and everything in between. For five generations, we’ve been taking pride in hard work and in serving others – the work is just a little different now. (Smells better too! :)) You can read more about our business on our website.
- Our packages and amenities… well, they rock. Our couples LOVE what The Barn at Cranberry Creek offers, and they travel from the western and central parts of North Carolina, Virginia, and South Carolina for our amenities. The beauty, character, and family history of our 72-year-old, two-story barn make it unique and appealing, but our service and amenities set us apart. Just a few of those amenities: venue staff to assist throughout the day – including set up, break down and clean up – beautiful vintage china, linens, decorations, props, a client portal… The list goes on AND is in the process of becoming even better. Stay tuned for an exciting announcement coming March 2020! In the meantime, you can find detailed information about our packages and amenities on our website.
- Our clients become an extension of our family. Just ask our Katie & Hunter! After they booked their June 2020 wedding in 2018, they decided to join our team. We love them and so do our clients! When we decided to renovate our farm, we thought the best thing about the process was restoring and preserving our history. That was true until we booked our first wedding. While bringing new life to the farm has been a joy, the best part of this business is the people. We love the relationships we’ve formed and the bonds that tie us together. It’s one big extended family, and we welcome our couples back “home” at any time. Some are now bringing their babies back to take photos at the venue, forever free of charge! It’s our pleasure to continue to play a role in their lives. Btw, we share tons of photos of our gorgeous couples on our Facebook and Instagram feeds. We are not one bit sorry about it and assure you the overposting will continue. 🙂
- Our fellow wedding pros are the best! We mean it. Teamwork does indeed make the dream work. We believe in allowing our clients to choose their own vendors. Many book with us and already have other vendors in mind to help carry out plans for their big day. We’re always happy to meet and work with new vendor friends, but when those key players aren’t already in place, we’re usually asked if we can make recommendations. Our response is a resounding YES! There are so many wedding pros we’ve grown to love and depend on. There’s an incredible amount of talent in our area, and when we come together, watch out… magic is about to happen! We couldn’t do what we do at The Barn at Cranberry Creek without the help of our friends!
We’re proud of our heritage and history. It’s who we are. We’re also thankful for every couple we’ve added to the family and look forward to new adventures yet to come. To our fellow wedding pros, you simply are the best. We appreciate your expertise and how hard you work to make every couple’s dream day a reality.
Our next post will be all about the wedding deets as we dig into some tips and tricks! In the meantime, how about checking out our website and then hitting us up on Facebook and Instagram. See you there!